Note: This is an early feature launch announcement, meaning the feature is still in development. We make this announcement early to gather feedback and make sure what we build actually helps solve our users’ use cases.
We’ve got exciting news to share with you - we have been working on a brand new Analytics Query Language, AQL!
AQL Expression is the next-gen upgrade to our current Business Calculation mechanism, designed to give you a more powerful and flexible way of querying data for analytics purposes.
With AQL Expression, you can do things like:
- Cross model calculation - Perform calculations across multiple models without having to manually merge the data via SQL Model.
- Nested Aggregation - Create more complex calculations by nesting functions and aggregations within each other.
- Add filtering in an AQL Expression - Filter your data at the query level rather than having to do it in a separate step.
- Support Date/Time Intelligence Functions - Analyze your data over time using powerful date/time intelligence functions.
- Subgroup Calculation - Perform calculations on subgroups of your data without having to create a separate query for each subgroup.
- And so much more!
We’re confident that AQL will make your analytics workflow faster, more efficient, and more intuitive than ever before.
Please comment below or fill in our Beta Request form if you’re interested in participating in the beta. Also, please share some of your use cases that would benefit from AQL.
As always, we appreciate your support and feedback. Happy querying!
Please be aware that:
- We are currently in the development phase, exploring various solutions, which may result in changes to syntax and UI in the future.
- This functionality is currently only supported for version Holistics 4.0
- This functionality is currently only supported for AML 2.0