Moving average on Holistics

Hey everyone :wave:

Does anyone know how to visualise a moving average on Holistics charts.
In my dataset, I have a KPI per datetime. I want to group by month - year and do the sum which is straightforward but then have last 3 months average (of the summations).
Of course I could do it with SQL and a window function but I would prefer to avoid this.

Thanks !

Hi @Jordan_Peltier

We currently do not have support for visualizing moving averages. We will add your request to our backlog and notify you of any updates regarding this feature.

In the meantime, there are a couple of workarounds you could try:

1. Use our transform model to calculate the moving average.
  2. Use our custom chart feature to draw the moving average. You can find more information on custom charts in our documentation here.

I hope this information proves helpful to you :smile:

Hi @Jordan_Peltier,

We have officially supported Moving Average (or Rolling Average) via our AQL Expression.

You can refer to our doc here for more details < Moving Average | Holistics Docs>.

Basically, we have a function trailing_period() that calculates for a specific number of date periods up to the current period.

For example, you can apply this computation to determine the total orders you have in the last 3 months up until the current month, also known as Trailing 3 Months Metric.

Do let us know if you have any questions or concerns.