With all of the analytics logic being described as code using AML, it is natural to be able to check them into a revision control system such as Git.
With Holistics’s Git Integration, your Holistics codebase is now powered by Git. You can track every change, perform code branching, change reviews for a better analytics development workflow.
- Version Control: Track and manage every analytics logic change.
- Isolated Environment: Develop your work in a branch to avoid affecting other people. Deploy only when you’re confident.
- Code Review (Merge Request): Have someone else double check your code before deploying to production.
- Code Backup: Back up your analytics logic into a seperate repository for backup purpose.
From the user’s perspective, the workflow follows a simple 3 steps:
- Create branch: User creates a new branch (in their User Repository) to start their development.
- Make changes & commit: User makes their code changes and commit (to User Repository). It is then pushed automatically to System Repository.
Deploy: Once happy with the changes, user presses deploy to production. Their code will then pushed to System Repository’s
masterbranch (production branch). Live reports and dashboards are updated with the new code logic.
You can refer to our document Git Version Control or reply to this topic for more information or beta access to the feature.
Note: Git integration is only available on Holistics 4.0 version (Holistics as-code).