Is it possible to auto refresh a Dashboard?

Hi.

Is it possible to auto-refresh a Dashboard?
I did not find a way that does not imply refreshing the browser (manually or via an extension).

Thanks

Hi @JJRSwiftso

Thank you for reaching out to us!

There is a way to auto-refresh a Dashboard by setting the Cache Settings inside the Dashboard Preferences.

The dashboard will auto-refresh after a certain duration.

If you want to consult the details, please reach out at: Caching Mechanism (Cache) | Holistics Docs (4.0)

Hope this information is useful! Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Best regards,
Toan

Hi Toan.

Thanks for the answer. Just to clarify, so if I set that to 10 mins and have a dashboard open, it will automatically refresh every 10 mins?
Because what I read in the documentation, is that the cache is used, well as a cache, meaning it does not force a refresh if the dashboard is opened, but if someone opens a dashboard, if it is before passing the cashing time (lets say 10 mins) it will go get the data from the cache, otherwise will refresh the data. The tests I’ve done, seem to support that.

Please let me know if I’m wrong.

Thanks

Hi @JJRSwiftso ,

We apologize for any confusion caused by my previous response. It seems we misunderstood your question.

The workaround we provided applies to the auto clear cache for the dashboard, not auto refresh the dashboard.

Here’s the link to the post outlining the auto refresh the dashboard workaround: A workaround for the dashboard auto-refresh feature.

Unfortunately, this solution won’t work for the TV browser because we can not use JavaScript on it.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or if there’s anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,

Toan

Hi Toan.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll look into the workaround.

Cheers

Hey @Toan_Lam_Thien

Any chance the auto-refresh is a feature in your roadmap for anytime soon?

Thanks

Hi @JJRSwiftso ,

I believe a relevant feature request can be found in this thread: Automatic/Background/Scheduled Cache refresh - Feature Suggestions - Holistics Community

You can give it a vote :tada: ! And it’d be great if you can share your use case to us and others in the community as well.

That seems to be a similar feature but not the same.

If I read it correctly, that feature is to automatically refresh the cache so that dashboard users don’t have to wait for the actual refresh of the data when opening a dashboard.

What I want is a button on the dashboard that makes it refresh every 5 min, 2 min, etc. That feature exists in many other visualization tools, like Lightdash or Metabase.

So we have some partners we want to provide a service where they have a screen (or a TV) with a dashboard opened, that shows the current status of the operation. That needs to be updated every x minutes, so that the operation may take that information into consideration on their activity.

Thank you for the detailed elaboration, @JJRSwiftso.

You are correct that the feature suggestion mentioned above is a different one.

Regarding the Auto-refresh feature, I understand how important it is for you. Since it was implemented before, I believe we can bring it back quickly. Let us discuss this internally, and we will update you early next week.