Automatic/Background/Scheduled Cache refresh

I know we can set cache expiry, but that means when the next user opens the report, they have to wait for those queries to refresh until they can view the report/dashboard.

What would be preferable would be the ability for the reports to auto-refresh either on a schedule or on cache expiry. This way, when the user views the report, they can pull directly from cache rather than waiting for it to refresh.

Hi @david-ri ,
We currently don’t support that but I believe the auto-preload feature will benefit a lot of users.
I will add this to our backlog and get back to you later.
Thanks,

1 Like

Hi!

This feature would greatly help us too. In our case, there’s one specific time at which we update the data, i.e. we do it once a day very early in the morning. Therefore, scheduling cache refresh at a specific time is exactly what we need.

Thanks a lot.

Yes! This would be helpful for us. This is the default behavior in Periscope so our org is used to Dashboards being up to date when opening them, without having to wait for them to load.

Hi all,

I’m happy to announce that we have just rolled out the API to preload a Dashboard in the background: https://docs.holistics.io/api/v2#tag/Dashboards/operation/Dashboards_SubmitPreload. :tada:

Hope that it will be helpful to your needs!

Best regards,
Dat

3 Likes

With this API, you can preload the cache of your most frequently used or critical views of your Dashboards, so that the next time they get opened, those views can be loaded in an instant!

Here is an example of calling the API:

Then checking its result:

Should you encounter any issues when using the API, please feel free to reach out to our Support team!

1 Like