On Oct 12, we released a new performance improvement to Dashboards: Lazy-rendering Widgets.
- All widgets are executed and rendered when opening the Dashboard.
- The rendering of all widgets can easily accumulate and make the browser stagger.
- All widgets are executed when opening the Dashboard, but only those visible in the viewport will be rendered!
- As a result, the initial load of a Dashboard will be much more responsive and pleasant!
In the demo video(s) below, I’m trying out a Dashboard with 20 Pivot Tables.
- It took nearly 10 seconds for the Dashboard to be responsive.
- This gets worse as the total number of widgets in the Dashboard goes up.
- It took 1-2 seconds for the Dashboard to be responsive.
We hope you enjoy this improvement.
More performance optimizations and features are on the way!