Fonts in Canvas dashboard themes

Hey I’m just wondering what fonts are available for use in Canvas dashboards? Trying to put together an official company-styled dashboard theme, we use Montserrat as our primary font but that doesn’t seem to be available. Inter is our secondary font and that is available. I’m guessing it’s some kind of web standard list but I’m not a web developer so :slight_smile:
Is there a way we can import non-standard fonts into our dashboard themes? I see in the docs that we can do some stuff with CSS and non-visible text blocks in dashboards, which is alright but a bit hacky (i.e. if there’s a proper way to do it I’d rather do that).

1 Like

For anyone interested, I managed to get it working by using the hacky CSS approach - just add this in a text widget on the dashboard off the canvas (so it doesn’t render as part of the dash):
<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Montserrat:wght@500&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">
It’s OK, but it would be nicer if we could specify that in our themes.aml definition rather than having to do this in each dashboard…

2 Likes

Hi @Ian_McLaren ,

I wanted to let you know that you can currently use custom CSS for your dashboard, just as you did for your recent use case.

We’re planning to expand our Dashboard Theme feature soon to include support for custom fonts, along with other enhancements to make it even easier to personalize the dashboard’s look and feel.

I’ll keep you updated on the progress in this thread.

1 Like

Thanks @kaid, which fonts are currently available with no configuration or tweaking CSS? Is it just the web safe fonts (these ones: CSS Web Safe Fonts)?

Hi @Ian_McLaren,

I found this discussion fascinating and wanted to share a practical guide that might be helpful.
I just posted a guide on how to work with default web-safe fonts or import your own custom fonts into the Canvas Dashboard.

Check it out here: :capital_abcd: Using Custom Fonts in Canvas Dashboard Themes - Tips and Hacks - Holistics Community

Hope you find it useful!

1 Like