Drill-Through Date Formatting while Using a Date Drill

Hello,

I am applying a Drill Through in a Canvas Dashboard to a date field. The date field is also linked to a Date Drill. As I attempt to drill through, the date wants to pass through as a Year-Month-Day, even if I want it to pass through at a larger aggregation set by the Date Drill (e.g., Month, Quarter, Year.) Is there a way to pass a date only at the aggregation I set in the date drill (e.g., an aggregation of Month would be passed through as 2024-08 instead of 2024-08-01)?

3 Likes

Hi @hannah.paxton,

This case is very interesting. Would you mind sharing some examples of the dashboards you’re currently using? It would help us understand the situation better.

Thank you :smile:

Of course! This is an example of a drill-through I have set up. The Cycle Started Bucket is a Date Drill, where I have selected Month. As I attempt to drill through the column that has the active tooltip (Aug 2024), the date is passed through as 2024-08-01 to my target drill through. This limits me to only seeing data for cycles that started on exactly 2024-08-01 rather than data for any cycle that started in 2024-08

Hi @hannah.paxton,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The behavior you’re encountering is not intended, and we are actively working on a fix.

I’ll keep you updated as soon as the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

All good - thank you!

Hi @hannah.paxton,

The issue has been resolved. Could you take a look to see if it works as you expected it?

Cheers :love_you_gesture:

This appears to have the expected behavior - thank you!

1 Like