AWS Athena connection are not showing the views

Hello everyone!

I have added a new connection to my AWS Athena instance and I have data tables and views in the schema of my database. When I browse the schema structure, I can only see the tables and the views are not available.

When using another tool like PowerBI, all the structures are fully available. It seems like there might be an issue with compatibility with the latest drivers.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Thank you!

Hi @PauloSa. Thanks for raising this issue!

Unfortunately, we only support fetching data tables from AWS Athena at the moment.

Although, I definitely see getting the views also will be a useful addition. This is duly noted for improvement.

In the meantime, may I ask if you are comfortable with recreating your Athena views in Holistics, with our Query Models?

Hello!

I am currently comfortable with manually adding the views as a temporary solution, but this process is time-consuming due to the large number of views (100+).

Thank you!

1 Like

Noted with thanks, Paulo!

I see. This is indeed too laborious if you have many Athena views.

I’ve forwarded your inputs to my team. We will surely consider it in future improvement of Athena connection. Let me reach out to you if there is any update.

In the meantime, please allow me to turn your post into Feature Suggestions category, so other users can upvote.

Thanks, Paulo.