Ability to resize columns of Pivot Tables

Recently, we have received a request that allows users to resize the columns of Pivot Table.
If your team also needs that feature, please leave a vote :small_red_triangle: (and share more about your cases) so that we can prioritize our backlog better :blush:

During the waiting time, we highly recommend you try our workaround here: Resize any column in a pivot table - Tips and Hacks. :blush:

Hello,

this was my case - A column is too narrow

Hi @Jan_Lupac :raising_hand_man:

Hope you are well.

Glad to share that we’ve made several improvements to the automatic column sizing mechanism of Table & Pivot table. Therefore, you shouldn’t see much of this issue from now on.

That said, if you’re still interested in resizing the column yourself: Yes, you can also do that now :wink:!

resize-pivot-column

• pro tip: double-click on the header’s border to fit the column to its content.

Enjoy resizing!

Hi @vu.duong,

We’re very excited for this feature! Is this live now? If so, where should the user set the column width? Is this in the dashboard or the explore mode? Do the column widths persist for all users?

This update is live now, @olammas!

You can change the column width at both dashboard and explore mode for Pivot.

That said, your resizing does not persist, and only lasts in your current session (reload page = back to default).

Hope this helps! Let me know if you want to persist to a fixed size, Olly. Cheers!

Ahh yes. Changing the column widths isn’t that useful without persistence.

Well noted! Thanks for sharing, Olly.

Persisting column width is actually something our team has been looking into lately. Glad to know we’ve got +1 interest from you :slightly_smiling_face:

Can I confirm quickly that you are using our Dashboard 3.0, or the latest Canvas Dashboard, Olly?
Also, may I ask why you would like to persist the column width? Is it because you can still see values being cut off sometimes? Or you’re more interested in the freedom to adjust spacing, excel-like?

We have not moved to Canvas as it’s still in Beta.

The problem is that widths can inconsistent across tables that we might want to align for improved readability

Additonally sometimes we might want to intentionally cut off some columns that include long strings or text.

1 Like

Thanks for replying, Olly!
And I definitely agree with your points here. Have forwarded it to the team for more inputs for this improvement.

Let me get back to you when we have got further news on it. Cheers! :beers: