Currently the Holistics Permission system serves basic use cases, but when you want to use Holistics for more and more use cases, you start to see limitations such as:
- An Explorer Role can’t see Metric Definitions
- Only an Analyst Role and higher can use the SQL Editor (which would also serve other people for ad hoc analysis)
- When you give someone an Analyst Role, that person will see Dashboards that he/she doesn’t have permissions for. When clicking on a Dashboard, they get the message that they need additional permissions.
- And many more that I don’t know from the top of my head for now.
It would be great if Holistics would have more granularity in roles, and allow for custom roles.
- An Explorer who wants to write ad hoc SQL, gets only additional permission for the SQL editor
- An Explorer who needs access to Metric definitions, gets only additional permissions to see the Metric definitions.
- Also what can be very useful, is to hide measures/dimensions from some users, and show only Metrics (for user convenience)
- And a lot of other use cases that I can’t mention now, but I am sure other people have the same.