Filters : Or Operation Between Columns

Screenshot 2023-06-30 201526

We need a filter throght 2 or more columns and the operation is “OR” between these columns …
In this moments in Holistics if you need to filter using more than 1 column the operation between these columns will be “AND” …

For example in above pic … Look please to the Contract Start Date & Contract End Date
If I put 2023 as a year in Contract Start Date column OR 2023 in Contract End Date Column … Or If I put 2024 as a year in Contract Start Date column OR 2024 in Contract End Date Column … In Both cases the user Hamza Rashed should appear in the report …

Thanks

I had a similar question a while ago. I think the upcoming query parameters should be able to solve for this.

1 Like

Hi @Hamza_rashed,

Thanks for your feature suggestion!

We believe a native OR/Nested Filters will better address your issue. Although our annual goal is to deliver a full as-code product, we are planning to prioritize this feature in Q4 this year. We’ll keep you informed about the progress of this feature.

In the meantime, as @SterlingParamoreMSE stated above, our Query Param feature can also solve this issue, but it is a 4.0 feature, and the solution is quite hacky IMHO.

So for your case:

1. If you are using Holistics 4.0 version, your issue can be addressed by our Query Param feature.
  2. If you are currently using Holistics 3.0 version and are interested in migrating to our 4.0 version, please feel free to contact our Support Team to request a version migration.
  3. If you are currently using Holistics 3.0 and don’t want to migrate to our 4.0 version, I’m afraid that this issue is only solved when we support the OR/Nested Filters feature.

Feel free to let us know if you need further support. We are happy to assist you :smiley:

Hello @Hamza_rashed and @SterlingParamoreMSE,

We are excited to announce that a new feature called Condition Group has just been released to help you solve this “OR” condition use case.
It will help you create multiple “OR” conditions and nest “AND”, “OR” conditions into groups.

Check out our Release Note here and give it a try. And don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any feedback or question :blush:

Cheers,
Phuong.

1 Like