Admins should be able to change sharing settings

I administer our Holistics account. I noticed that a user shared a dashboard with “Everyone”. This includes some users who should NOT have access to this data. For data security purposes, I need the following:

• As admin, I need to be able find out who created this dashboard. Right now, I can’t do that through the UI.
  • I need to be able to unshare the dashboard. I can’t do this without impersonating the creator first.
  • I need to be able to prohibit users from sharing reports with people outside of groups they are not authorized to share with.

This is critical for us.

Thanks!

Hi Sterling!

Thank you for sending your feedback to us.

1. As admin, I need to be able find out who created this dashboard. Right now, I can’t do that through the UI.

We are working on a project related to dashboard metadata that could help address this item. I will keep you posted with that project once there’s more update.

1. I need to be able to unshare the dashboard. I can’t do this without impersonating the creator first.
  2. I need to be able to prohibit users from sharing reports with people outside of groups they are not authorized to share with.

This feedback makes perfect sense to us. I will add this use case to our backlog on your behalf for future improvement.

Please bear with us as we make this happen for you!

Daphne

1 Like